And in the meantime, music can go a long way toward keeping us all sane. Yes? Yes.
So, like I said I would waaaay back in July, I've finally put together a mix tape of some of my favorite downtempo tunes. Unfortunately I couldn't actually do a proper DJ mix (currently unable to afford the necessary tools for making that happen) - so instead you get an old-fashioned collection of songs. Click the big ol' image to download the (rather large) .zip file.
Consider this my Thanksgiving gift to you for reading. Hope you enjoy! Track listing below - and please, if you dig any of this stuff, go support the artists by purchasing their music and attending their shows!
"Down, But Not Out" (millbot's downtempo Thanksgiving mixtape)
- "Roads Must Roll" - Boom Bip, Seed to Sun
- "Kid For Today" - Boards of Canada, In A Beautiful Place Out in the Country
- "Gravity" - Lusine, Music for Our Future
- "Shades of Marble" - Trentmoller, Into the Great Wide Yonder
- "as serious as your life" - Four Tet, Rounds
- "Evergreen" - Faithless, Outrospective
- "Sheared Box" - Portishead, Melody Nelson
- "Paradise Circus" - Massive Attack ft. Hope Sandoval, Heligoland
- "Blue Planet (Abacus Blue Planeteria Remix") - Chaser, OM Lounge, Vol. 3
- "La Sangre" - J Boogie's Dubtronic Science, OM Lounge, Vol. 3
- "I Have the Moon, You Have the Internet (Gold Panda Remix) - The Field, Music for Our Future
- "Into the Light" - Arkestra One, Den of Thieves: The Sound of Eighteenth Street Lounge Music
- "Illumination" - Thievery Corporation, The Mirror Conspiracy
- "Mandala" - Morcheeba, Blood Like Lemonade
- "Poppin' Ya Head (Deep Diferenz Mix)" - Differenz ft. Jazz Con Bazz, Pure Abstrakt
- "Traveler (remix)" - Talvin Singh, OK