Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend Retrospective


I got busy:

The Madison World Music Festival pretty much rocked my butt. I "covered" it for Isthmus Daily Page, but the whole thing was free so anyone could have done what I did--which was kind of a marathon of awesome music. I took a crap-ton of photos, some of which are online at my Flickr page, of course. Special recognition goes to the Dhoad Gypsies of Rajasthan, who made me feel like I was right there on stage with them--mostly because I was almost right on stage with them and ended up covered with a few bits of broken glass and splatters of whatever flammable fluid their performer guy was using to breath fire.

Sunday was band photo shoot day, so my morning was taken up by prancing around Yahara Park in various strange costumes and having my picture taken in compromising positions. I did, however, manage to make it over to the thirtieth annual Willy St. Fair for a short while in the afternoon, and snapped me a few choice photos. Thanks to the People's Bakery, I was also well fed on a delicious falafel sandwich and a piece of baklava (my favorite dessert of all time).

All-in-all, I think I did a decent job of keeping up with my Eat Local goals. Hit the Dane County Farmers Market on Sunday for some staples and (the best) scones (ever) from Sugar River Bakery, ice cream from Babcock Hall while at the Union for the festival Saturday night, food at the fair on Sunday and a home cooked meal Sunday night. Not bad!

(photo credit: me)

No comments:

The Lost Albatross