Wednesday, November 7, 2007

That whole writer's strike thing

Yeah, you been hearing about that? The Writer's Guild of America went on strike the other day in protest against the producers and corporations who don't seem to want to give them a fair slice of the pie they basically baked.

Mmm...pie....

Why do I care? I don't make a whole ton of money for the writing I do, and I certainly don't write for any major entertainment outlets (nor am I a WGA member...yet). But I do believe that every worker, in every field, deserves a fair shake. Both in terms of money (in this case, residuals) and in terms of benefits. By golly, it's the American way!

And since I have no other way to support the WGA, I've decided to turn off my television until they get their demands met. It's a small thing, I know, but hey, nothing good will be on and at least this will mean less distraction while I attempt to actually finish a round of NaNoWriMo. 8,000 words and counting!

Give it some consideration, and if you support the WGA, keep the boob tube quiet for awhile. Hey, there's always DVDs. Oh wait....

No comments:

The Lost Albatross