Friday, December 28, 2007

There will be no escape from your shame!

I've just heard that Escape Java Joint, one of my favorite local coffee shops/art galleries/venues, was robbed Wednesday morning of this week. Pretty lame way to celebrate the season. What really pisses me off is that this guy chose to rip off a local, independent shop that probably doesn't make a whole pile of profit anyway. Not that I'd condone robbing a chain store, either, but seriously, have a little heart.

There's a picture of the suspect posted at the counter at Escape, so be sure to stop by, get yourself something to drink (and eat - they serve the very yummy Gotham Bagels now), check out the picture and check your brain for any signs of recognition. Hopefully the police will nab the jerk soon.

I've spent many hours at Escape both playing music, ogling art, having meetings and frantically typing novels, and I'm all about supporting their business. If you haven't been yet, you should definitely consider checking it out now, if for no other reason that to help them recover some of the lost money.

P.S. Please excuse the terrible pun in the title of this post. :)

No comments:

The Lost Albatross