Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Music in the air and around the bikes

What are you doing tomorrow (Thursday) night? Sitting around watching TV? Clipping your ghastly long toenails? Throwing back a frosty pint of kombucha? Well I can assure you that none of those things will be as entertaining and fulfilling as heading on over to Revolution Cycles (2330 Atwood Ave. in Madison) to see my band, Little Red Wolf, play a benefit for the Dane County Rape Crisis Center.

Shameless self-promotion, I know! But it's for a truly good cause, in a unique and fun venue, and I'm told there will be free wine. That beats clipping toenails any night of the week, if you ask me. Show starts at 8:00p.m. ($5 suggested donation) and it'll be Tiger Went Tiger first, followed by Little Red Wolf. We promise we didn't intentionally plan the animal-band-name-themed evening, it just happened!

We also promise good times.

And if you're not busy tonight, one of my favorite indie bands, The Breeders, will be at the Majestic doing their thang. Plus I'm told that everyone who goes will get a free ticket to see the Dandy Warhols on August 31. Which is pretty cool. Anyway, I'll be there tonight taking pictures and whooping it up, so if you're around, do say hello.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well shoot. unfortunatly, this thursday is golf night with my father. most thursdays are out local cycling group's (madisonbiking.com) casual week night ride, and this would have been a perfect stop off at the end of the ride. can't cancel on my dad, though. i'm making arrangements to be free for the show at The Frequency, however. rock on!

The Lost Albatross