Friday, September 18, 2009

A weekend of music

Boy oh boy is there a lot of great music to catch in Madison this weekend. It's almost as though the audio gods are conspiring to get us to rent ourselves in twain - I know I'm tempted to find some way to split myself into about five different people in order to catch all the goodness.

Until modern science allows for such a thing to happen without, y'know, death, I'll just have to stick to my schedule. I'm in two--count 'em, two--bands that are playing at the Forward Music Fest.

TONIGHT, come on down to the cozy lil' Project Lodge (817 E. Johnson in Madison) at 9:00p.m. for a show featuring The Shabelles, for whom I hit things with sticks and sometimes sing. We're a fun, surf-garage-pop outfit and to further entice you, we'll be bringing a whole bevvy of beers to share with the faithful who show up. Get in with a FMF day or weekend pass, or just buy a single ticket at the door.

TOMORROW, la pièce de résistance will be my band, Little Red Wolf, whoopin' it up proper like at the Frequency (121 W. Main in Madison). We kick things off at the early hour of 4:00p.m., and will be followed by Crane Your Swan Neck, Filligar, Pomegranates, and Pronto (featuring a member of Wilco). Same deal for tickets as above.

I can garauntee good times (if not great oldies)!

And don't forget, there's also the always lovely Willy St. Fair this weekend, as well as the (totally free) Madison World Music Fest down at the UW Terrace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow evening. I'll be prepared to bask in the tunes. and also, I'm excited to see how an Author/Photographer/Local and National political wonkette rocks out in her "free time". :)

(Wonkette in the best sense of the word)^_^

The Lost Albatross