Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Landmark

It's done. Finally.



My country gets one step closer to living up to the ideals upon which it was founded. Now if we could just get around to legalizing gay marriage nationally, the Wisconsin State Journal's Sunday edition would have actually been correct when it declared DADT to have been the last bastion of legal discrimination based on sexual orientation in the U.S. (I wish I could find a link to the article, because I about spit out my cereal when I read it in the paper).

I've been feeling a little excessively upbeat for the last couple of days - because of the DADT repeal, and for some big (awesome) personal reasons. I'm going to do my best to hold on to that as the winter drags on and my vitamin D levels drop off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This household was elated as well. Ok, the parents. The kids just want to fast forward to Santa.

Hope all is well. Hope to get back to Madison soon!

The Lost Albatross