Thursday, September 6, 2007

Shifting gears and farewells

What do I write about now that the big ride is over? Why, anything I damn well please, that's what.

Of course, that will likely still involve bike related things (and on a fairly regular basis). I can't help it. It's in my blood! And right now, I'm eying this lovely little trip: Bike the Barns

A beautiful bike ride through Wisconsin, tours of family owned farms and delicious, homemade and locally produced food? How could you not want to do this?

In other news, I was sad to learn of the passing of one of the world's great opera (and music in general) singers, Luciano Pavarotti. He died from complications due to pancreatic cancer (yikes) at the age of 71. But not before helping to bring opera to the mainstream by singing with everyone from James Brown to the Spice Girls to none other than Barry White himself:




He sold 100 million recordings during his lifetime. That's no small feat. Reminds me that I've got to get crackin'--I think I've only got something like five. Also I can't sing opera to save my life.

No comments:

The Lost Albatross