Thursday, November 8, 2007

Neo-Abolitionists

Someone explain to me why it wasn't already a felony to force a person into slavery. Because apparently, Wisconsin is working on passing legislation that would "officially make trafficking human beings for sex or cheap labor illegal," defining it as "recruiting, enticing, harboring or transporting an individual without consent for labor, services or commercial sex acts through harming the person, stealing their identification, extortion or debt bondage."

Correct me if I'm wrong, here, but didn't we officially make slavery illegal in the United States back in 1863? How is it that it's now 2007 and no such law is yet on the books?

In any case, if anyone votes against this, I will lift my objections to the use of tarring and feathering just for them.

No comments:

The Lost Albatross