Friday, November 30, 2007

Third time's the charm!

After two years of trying and failing, I have finally, as of this hour, completed the National Novel Writing Month challenge of writing 50,000 words. And it only made me a little bit sick in the process (I am currently cocooned in a blanket on my couch, fighting off some early winter ailment or another).

Somewhere around 30,000 words in, I thought for sure I was done for, failed again, fallen off the ol' writing wagon. But somehow, some way, my crappy little novel took shape and pulled through to the end. And now, just as soon as the glow of victory wears off, I'll start the arduous task of editing the damn thing.

This does, however, mean I can get back to concentrating on my other writing habits, the ones that actually sometimes pay and that will likely have more effect on my career than this. But boy was it fun, and I won't lie, I feel pretty damn good for having done it.

For more info on NaNoWriMo, as those of us in the know call it, and about their efforts to raise money for the Young Writers Progam, go to their website and have a look around.

No comments:

The Lost Albatross