Monday, November 12, 2007

Overdue Milestone

I remembered to check the little application that tracks visits to this here blog just now, and was very happy to see that we've far exceeded 1,000 visits. There are millions of blogs out there, and I recognize that my little slice of the 'sphere is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. But it's cool to know that a few people have taken the time to stop by for a visit, so thanks very much for that.

My grandest, most egotistical hopes for this blog are just that I'm adding something small of merit to the public discourse. The really important stuff, thankfully, still happens out there in the real world.

Also of note is that today is the start of Transgender Awareness Week right here in town on the UW Campus. The LGBT Campus Center is hosting a series of events all week, both educational and recreational, to highlight the issue. If you're well-aware of the issues or totally in the dark, be sure to check out at least one or two of the events.

1 comment:

ellie said...

I think you're a good writer and I like your attitude, Emily. You should be getting lots more hits.

The Lost Albatross