Friday, September 19, 2008

Jam-packed weekend

So much to do, so little weekend in which to do it!

I don't know about you, but I'm super psyched about the first-ever Forward Music Fest, starting tonight and running through late tomorrow evening/early Sunday morning. I'm somewhat biased because I'm friends with the organizers, but I have to say, in all honesty, this thing is going to rock so hard.

And how impressive is it that a group of volunteers, without major corporate sponsors, have managed to put together a massively huge line-up of both big name headliners (like Neko Case, Bob Mould, Killdozer) and a slew of more regional and local acts that's garnering buzz and attention all over the place? I think it's pretty cool.

I'll be "covering" some of the concerts for dane101/FMF as an official press-type photographer person, so be sure to say hi if you happen to catch me at it (no wedgies, please). I'll be at the Majestic Theatre tonight for the Screamin' Cyn Cyn & the Pons / Leslie & the Lys / Dan Deacon show, and then tomorrow I'm going to hit up the Momo for the A Catapult Western show, followed by a trip to the Frequency for the hip-hop showcase featuring my favorite Madison ex-pat, el guante (and Rob Dz, and dumate).

In the midst of all this--as if all that wasn't enough to keep me busy--I'll also be hitting up the Willy St. Fair, which runs Saturday and Sunday and features a whole bunch of other really great acts, including some in conjunction with the Madison World Music Festival, which is also in progress at the moment.

Whew!

How one weekend can contain so much awesome, I do not know, but there it is. The weather looks to be lovely, too, so be sure to get out and enjoy some of what our fair city has on offer! I'll see you on the other side.
The Lost Albatross